The composition of the association
The S2E2 association is composed of 4 colleges:
- Representatives of the research establishments and training organisations;
- Representatives of the companies;
- Representatives of the local authorities, public establishments or other organisation participating annually in the funding of the operation of the cluster association with voting rights at the General Meeting;
- Representatives of the support structures (high-tech industrial research and development facilities, agencies and economic development organisations, technological clusters, clusters and business groups…).
Governance ensures that all the components are represented and directs the strategic choices.
The General Meeting
The General Meeting comprises all the members of the association split according to the four colleges. It notably has the role of appointing members of the Board of Directors, or renewing their mandates, and deciding on all matters relating to the way the association operates.
The Board of Directors
It comprises 22 members elected for a 3-year period, from the following:
college 1: 9 representatives of research establishments and training organisations, including 2 representatives from the Pays de la Loire
college 2: 12 representatives from companies, including 5 from SMEs, 5 from large enterprises (> 250 employees) and 2 representatives from the Pays de la Loire
a representative of the MEDEE research cluster
The main mission of the Board of Directors is to validate the strategy, the provisional budget and decide on the actions to be undertaken, which it then submits to the General Meeting vote.
|The members of the Board of Directors|
|President||Olivier SIMONE, ENERGIE RELAIS (SME, 28)|
|Vice-president||Patrick GALLOY, STMicroelectronics (Groupe, 37)|
|Treasurer||Thierry ALLARD, Revame (SME, 45)|
|Secretary||Philippe FOUCHER, CEA (Research, 37)|
|Assistant treasurer||Christophe DEMAZIERE, TOURS University (37)|
|Assistant secretary||Jean Marie HUET, EDF (Group, Centre region)|
The Scientific Council
Presided over by Patrick BOUCHER, the Scientific Council comprises 18 members nominated by the board of directors. The Scientific Council guarantees the representativeness of the general meeting with 8 members from College 1, including 2 representatives from the Pays de la Loire, and 10 people from College 2, including 2 representatives from the Pays de la Loire. The Scientific Council, which can be combined with nationally recognised experts in the cluster’s technological domains, has the main roles described below:
- to define and validate the key scientific, technological and industrial themes as well as the corresponding technological road maps;
- to implement the in-house procedures relating to the emergence and support of projects.
|The members of the Scientific Council|
|President||Patrick BOUCHER, Supélec (91)|
|Vice-president||Yves PARMANTIER, Orléans University (45)|
THE CREATION OF THE CLUSTER
A non-profit-making association, the S2E2 cluster was created on 12 September 2005 and labelled a competitive cluster on 12 July 2005 by the French inter-ministerial committee for town planning and development (CIADT). The cluster’s headquarters is in Tours and extends across western France in the Centre, Limousin and Pays de la Loire regions.