The aim is to qualify the performance via underground thermal exchangers, develop new products and control the impact on the subsoil.
The platform will eventually comprise:
- R&D activity to improve the underground sensor systems and their implementation (material, drilling, cementing and new types of sensors)
- the evaluation and certification of systems
- the implementation of a network of demonstrators.
BRGM, Centre Region, Carnot Institute, the European “Energy 2020” programme
Focus on the device
Multiform heat exchangers representative of the market
- 1 horizontal heat exchanger measuring 400m2
- 3 vertical heat exchangers: 2 probes at 50m, 1 probe at a depth of 100m
- 7 innovative compact heat exchangers of the cylindrical bin type installed at a depth of between 1m and 10m and designed with different materials.
- 2 earth-cooling/warming tubes.
Hot/cold thermodynamic machinery
- Injection of glycolated water at a temperature range of -10 to 55°C.
- Simulation of the operation of all types of heat pump.
- Virtual-3D measurement of ground temperature distributed via fibre optic.
- Measuring of water content of the soil via a capacitance probe.
- Meteorological measurements: dry and wet temperatures, rainfall, solar radiation, ground albedo.